About Me

My Photo
United Kingdom
Tyson is an underpaid writer, beer anarchist and cheese addict living in the North West of England.
If the people are buying tears, I'll be rich someday, Ma

Monday, 19 March 2012

The Science of Cheese

At last: scientific validation for me stuffing my face with cheese every chance I get. According to the Journal of Food Science, cheese is a very rich source of phenylethylamine. This is a chemical related to amphetamines and triggers the brain into releasing mood-boosting hormones. So that explains the “cheese buzz”.

But wait there’s more. Apparently cheese also contains norepinephrine, which is a hormone that boosts the supply of oxygen and glucose to the brain and muscles. So forget the treadmill and bring on the Quattro Formaggi.

1 comment:

Cooking Lager said...

Not to mention the glutamate.