About Me

My Photo
United Kingdom
Tyson is an underpaid writer, beer anarchist and cheese addict living in the North West of England.
If the people are buying tears, I'll be rich someday, Ma

Thursday, 10 January 2013

Breakfast Beer Tasting: Ramsbottom Craft Brewery Fat Lady Stout


Keeping with the local theme, today we try the Fat Lady Stout. This comes in at 4.6% and is 500ml and in bottle-conditioned form. It poured a healthy looking dark-almost black-brown with good carbonation and a neat beige head that slowly evaporated.

The aroma was slightly roasted with hints of dark chocolate and molasses. The taste was smoother than the aroma had led me to expect. The mouthfeel was more velvet in nature with lactic tones to take the edge off the bitterness.

This was more of a Milk Stout to me whilst I was probably gearing myself up for a dry one. That’s not a complaint as the roast barley was nicely matched by the sweetness to give an easy drinking experience. 

1 comment:

Kev Haughton said...

Looks like someone ese has been on the beer at some un godly hour too