About Me

My photo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Tyson is a beer hound and cheese addict living in the beery metropolis paradise known as Manchester
If the people are buying tears, I'll be rich someday, Ma

Tuesday, 17 June 2008

Sex In The City

Sadly, not what I got up to last night, but rather, the title of a popular moving picture. Yes I’ve finally caught up with the big screen antics of Carrie Bradshaw & co. To get in the mood, I decided to indulge in some appropriate pre-film cocktails. After all, I doubt those New York girls have ever had a decent pint of real ale.

I kicked off with a classic Mojito, enlivened by the addition of Strawberry for a mere 30p. Pausing briefly to wonder if that technically made it a Strawberry Mojito, I moved on to something called a Rocktail. This also has Strawberry in it, but had a heady mix of Passion Fruit to balance it out. Just time to polish off a bottle of Italian Pinot Grigio Rose-keeping up with the summer theme, you see, before settling down with a bucket of Haagen-Dazs. If you liked the TV series, you’ll like the film: if not, what the hell are you watching it for? Apparently, there are about 300 costume changes, although I only counted 298.

But what is it with Sarah Jessica Parker? Her character is the main lead, when it’s obvious that Kim Cattrall is the star. Sure, she’s dollied up, and not wearing that ridiculous poodle perm she sometimes sprouts, but there’s no getting away from the fact that she ain’t no looker. A lot of women admire her fashion style, but don’t want to look like her. I don’t blame them. Let’s be honest, she’d struggle to pull in Bury on a Friday night. If you’re reading this Sarah, your best bet would be to wait for Sunday night in Chicago Rock. It’s grab-a-granny night and the Radcliffe lads are even less fussy than usual. On the other hand, Kim, if you ever fancy some Holts and a plate of tripe, give me a bell.

3 comments:

linda said...

I think all the girls are good in S&TC. But SJP is easily the least attractive, it has to be said.

patrick said...

Sex and the City seems to have a polarizing effect on both men and women... people either love the movie or they hate it

derek said...

I think most blokes are probably dragged along by their other halves to see it.Which only leads to resentment.Mind you I took mine to see Iron Man and she's still not forgiven me.