About Me

My photo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Tyson is a beer hound and cheese addict living in the beery metropolis paradise known as Manchester
If the people are buying tears, I'll be rich someday, Ma

Monday, 30 June 2008

Start Running, Bill Gates

So here I am with a brand new state of the art pc. My seven year old steam driven faithful companion is still working, but a cheque popped through the letterbox, and I thought now’s the time to move on. We’re just not the same people we were when we met. I’ve skipped past dual-core processors and gone straight for quad power, a giant hard drive and Blu Ray & HDD media drives. Etc etc. And Vista. Is it any coincidence that Bill Gates retires just as I get hold of this little devil? I think not. Bill, it wouldn’t do you any good-you can run but you can’t hide. I will hunt you down and then you can explain why the ruddy thing keeps freezing up. A problem I never had with XP. Oh, and to add insult to injury, I find that discs prepared on my old pc won’t open in Vista. Great. And my wireless keyboard doesn’t work. And if I’m going to get my money’s worth, apparently I’ll need a high def monitor at some point, as well.

Come back Win 95, all is forgiven...

2 comments:

paul said...

Just thinking of Alistair Darling makes me puke.

sd said...

You're not the only one with the Vista blues. the patches do help and you should be able to run in XP mode for precious old disks. I'm thinking of going for broke with a Mac.