About Me

My photo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Tyson is a beer hound and cheese addict living in the beery metropolis paradise known as Manchester
If the people are buying tears, I'll be rich someday, Ma

Monday, 11 August 2008

A Fine Romance

Traditionally, Friday night was lad’s night out, and Saturday was couples night. Yes this does beggar the question when is girls night out? Don’t ask me, I didn’t invent Northern rules. I just have to live by them. Actually, I did once ask an acquaintance when is girls night out, and got the rather obvious answer-anytime they want. Bu I digress. It’s good to see that some traditions are still respected, as witnessed by this snippet of conversation overheard on Saturday night.

“Do you fancy a bit tonight, luv?”
“What, tonight?”
“Yeah, it’s Saturday.”
“What, after Big Brother?”
“Yeah.”
“Have you washed your feet this week?”
“Yeah.”
“Alright then.”

If there’s one thing you can say about Bury folk, it’s that they’re sticklers for tradition.

No comments: