About Me

My photo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Tyson is a beer hound and cheese addict living in the beery metropolis paradise known as Manchester
If the people are buying tears, I'll be rich someday, Ma

Thursday, 30 October 2008

What Beer Festival?

Day one of the JDW beer festival. Twatty, sorry I mean Tandleman, phones to gloat that the Middleton outlet has 4 of the foreign brigade on. Almost all of the scooping hierarchy in one sitting. Bury, in keeping with tradition, has no festival beers on at all. They put the balloons up yesterday and today they put festival posters up. But not a sniff of an actual festival beer. When I enquired about this, the barmaid said that the festival beers were about “somewhere.” Hopefully, in the cellar. I console myself with a cheese & onion quiche and two bottles of Kendermanns Pinot Noir.

No comments: