About Me

My photo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Tyson is a beer hound and cheese addict living in the beery metropolis paradise known as Manchester
If the people are buying tears, I'll be rich someday, Ma

Tuesday, 21 October 2008

Day Six

Lytham’s John’s leaving do. An excuse for daytime drinking. But where to go? Always happy to help a friend in need, I suggested we adjourn to the festival bar. Spooky déjà vue. There was a coach parked outside and I joked that a coach party may be hogging the bar. Well bless my barnacles, if there wasn’t a coach party of old seadogs hogging the bar. All looking smart in their badged blue blazers. A good time was had by all until the Boatswain’s Call heralded their departure. Old Bear Sun Bear (4.2%) was a pleasant surprise. So pale as to warrant a score of 0.5 on the colour scale, it was an easy drinking, citrus led session beer. Of course we had to finish on cider-Wilkins Farmhouse (6%) which is a great dry Somerset cider and another new one for me. And then it was half price pizza time-spooky this déjà vue stuff.

No comments: