About Me

My photo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Tyson is a beer hound and cheese addict living in the beery metropolis paradise known as Manchester
If the people are buying tears, I'll be rich someday, Ma

Monday, 3 November 2008

Every Little Can Helps

In a move likely to gladden the heart of the Southport Drinker, I see that Tesco have fallen foul of Alcohol Concern. They held a 24hr sale offering 15 can crates of Stella for only £5. I must have been washing my hair on that day as somehow it passed me by. Anyway, apparently it was for purely altruistic reasons-a spokesman said they were merely trying to help “hard-up families.” However, AC have branded it “totally irresponsible.” And, for once, I find myself in agreement with them. It is totally irresponsible. How patronising to think that all hard-up families want to drink crap. What about the poor drinker who just wants to enjoy a beer at home without feeling the urge to beat his partner or mug old ladies?

I’ve written to Tesco to point out their erroneous thinking and look forward to their first 24hr bottle-conditioned sale.

2 comments:

Tandleman said...

You'll be waiting a while then!

The Southport Drinker said...

When the puritans came for the Stella drinkers,
I remained silent;
I was not a wife beater.

When they came for my cask conditioned ale,
there was no one left to speak out.

(slightly inappropriate - but you get the point)