About Me

My photo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Tyson is a beer hound and cheese addict living in the beery metropolis paradise known as Manchester
If the people are buying tears, I'll be rich someday, Ma

Thursday, 3 September 2009

The Sun Keeps Shining

Good news with the report that the classic Sun Inn at Leintwardine, famously run for many years by Flossie Lane, has been saved from the developers wrecking ball. It appears that a local consortium of regulars and admirers have got together and raised sufficient funds to meet the asking price and thereby prevent it going to auction. Having been there myself, I think this is a great move and hopefully will ensure the future of one of Britain’s most unspoilt and unique pubs.

2 comments:

Tandleman said...

That is good news. I remember our visit well. The beer was shite!

Tyson said...

Indeed and indeed!