About Me

My photo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Tyson is a beer hound and cheese addict living in the beery metropolis paradise known as Manchester
If the people are buying tears, I'll be rich someday, Ma

Monday, 28 September 2009

Well I Never

I’ve been asked what I think of the recent survey of Pizza restaurant chains. Or the report of the bleeding obvious, as I like to call it. The Which Good Food Guide sampled margheritas from the country’s six largest chains and then rated them for taste, quality and restaurant experience. Pizza Express came top with 30.5 out of 45, whilst Pizza Hut came bottom with 11/45. Apparently they serve the smallest, fattest and crappest. So, they've officially concluded that Pizza Hut are shite. I could have saved them a lot of time and money, if they'd only asked.

Next week: dog bites man.

9 comments:

Barm said...

And yet there always seems to be a queue outside Pizza Hut. I have never understood this.

Captain Jack said...

They can't be that shit or they would be closing. Or is that just pubs?

RedNev said...

I think after a night on the ale, some people will eat any old rubbish. How else would you explain late night kebab shops?

Penny said...

Yuk. Just the name disgusts me.

Woolpack Dave said...

It just goes to show what crap it is possible to sell when you have a nice identifiable corporate image.

RedNev said...

Work on that corporate image, Dave, and save yourself a lot of hard work!

Reanna said...

Yes,but I can't see them using "Pizza Hut We're Officially Shite" on their advertising!

TIW said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TIW said...

Thing is, Pizza Hut use to be actually pretty good. I'm talking about the mid 80s here. They were bloody expensive too - I've still got a menu from back then. It was knocking on for 12 quid for a large pizza with 'everything' on. You'd struggle to pay that at Pizza Express or Ask even in London today. As with most successful products, corner cutting has ruined it. See Also: Stella Artois.