About Me

My photo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Tyson is a beer hound and cheese addict living in the beery metropolis paradise known as Manchester
If the people are buying tears, I'll be rich someday, Ma

Thursday, 17 December 2009

You've Had Your Chips

A promising development on the chip (sorry, crisp) front. Lacking the energy to walk more than a hundred yards, I once more found myself limited to the Co-Op range. With a scornful glance at the still piled high Lightly Salted Kettle Chips, I searched for a viable alternative.


And sat there, on BOGOF no less, were the CO-OP’s own special brand. Locally sourced, hand cooked, etc-but the question was, were they any good? I was a little sceptical, I will admit. Chardonnay white wine vinegar is less acidic than cider vinegar, so I was concerned that I wouldn’t get the full-on flavour I prefer with salt & vinegar crisps.

However, my concerns proved groundless. A delightfully light crisp, they combine a good crunch factor with plenty of flavour. Perfect for post pub munching or the morning after sobering up snack.

No comments: