About Me

My photo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Tyson is a beer hound and cheese addict living in the beery metropolis paradise known as Manchester
If the people are buying tears, I'll be rich someday, Ma

Thursday, 15 April 2010

Bye Bye Love Booze

I raise my glass tonight in honour of Laura Hall. Ms Hall has become the first person to be barred from all licensed premises in England and Wales under a drinking banning order.

Under the terms of the order imposed at Kidderminster Magistrates' Court in Worcestershire; not only is she prohibited from buying or consuming booze in pubs, but also from drinking in nightclubs, membership clubs or hotels, and from purchasing alcohol in shops and off-licences. Just for good measure, she’s also banned from necking booze in public.

I know what you’re thinking, yes it is an impressive achievement and yes, I also thought that I would be the first to get such a ban. DBOs were introduced by the Home Office in September 2009 as a measure to prevent individuals who are causing alcohol-related disorder from entering specified licensed premises, but this is the first time one has been applied nationally.

Now this is all very good and dandy. But what’s the point of issuing such an unenforceable order? The article doesn’t carry a picture of Ms Hall. So for all I know she may be sat next to me in the Dog & Tangerine swilling pints of Old Crud Mild. What if I want to drop a coin to the Peelers and dob her in-how am I supposed to recognise her?

It’s enough to drive a man to drink

4 comments:

NAM said...

Banned from all premises in England and Wales? There's a large Scotland-shaped hole in that ban.

Tyson said...

Well I've seen her picture now so feel mouch safer, but as you say, there's always Scotland.

Curmudgeon said...

She's pictured in today's Sun. Looks quite fit, actually ;-)

Tyson said...

They all do at that age:)