About Me

My photo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Tyson is a beer hound and cheese addict living in the beery metropolis paradise known as Manchester
If the people are buying tears, I'll be rich someday, Ma

Thursday, 8 April 2010

Those Were The Days

Passing the Ostrich in Prestwich, I noted that they are offering live entertainment. However, I fear that it will fall short of the delights they were offering way back in 1832. An eating contest of 3ibs of treacle and bread. With the contestants hands tied behind their back? Fantastic. And the Pub Curmudgeon will surely be wiping a nostalgic tear away at the thought of a smoking match between ten old women. One thought though-how is the winner decided?

1 comment:

Tandleman said...

Quite fancy a sack race for beaver. Just like the old days I'd say.

No porridge for me though. Oat gluten gives me the gripes. Of course if I was a young lady I'd be up for shoes presented by a Black Prince. Who wouldn't be?