About Me

My photo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Tyson is a beer hound and cheese addict living in the beery metropolis paradise known as Manchester
If the people are buying tears, I'll be rich someday, Ma

Tuesday, 24 August 2010

I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing Drink

I was excited to read the headline “Portsmouth pubs asked to sponsor kids on alcohol course.” It consists of ten hours training with an exam to follow. At last, I thought, kids will be getting a proper education. No more RE or Woodwork for them.

I envisaged the future generation of drinkers learning the difference between Milds, Bitters, Porters and Stouts. Not to mention transgender-bending Mid-Atlantic Pale Ales. Sadly not. Apparently it’s an alcohol awareness scheme designed to teach youngsters the impact of alcohol on their health, career and social life.

All very worthy, but I prefer my idea.

1 comment:

Paul Garrard said...

You suspect that ‘alcohol awareness’ is going to be partisan when it shouldn't be!