About Me

My photo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Tyson is a beer hound and cheese addict living in the beery metropolis paradise known as Manchester
If the people are buying tears, I'll be rich someday, Ma

Tuesday, 29 March 2011

Best CAMRA/Libya Comparison Of The Week

Customer 1: “What about that no fly zone in Libya, eh? That’ll stop that bastard Gaddafi bombing his own lot!”

Customer 2: Yeah, talk about an iron fist. He’ll do anything to stay in power.”

Customer 1: “Bit like John Clarke*.”

*JC is the chairman of Stockport & South Manchester CAMRA. Any analogy is, of course, completely spurious as he has never, to the best of my knowledge, ordered the Stockport Air Force to open fire on dissenting CAMRA members. Or has he...?.

4 comments:

RedNev said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I bet he's a pussycat compared to tandleman!

John Clarke said...

Well, not yet I haven't....

Like the idea of being "in power" - kind of implies a huge amount of authority and influence. Shame no-one's told the rest of the branch. Sigh.

Must say I've been tempted to vacate the role of chairman and become President for Life but somehow I can't seem to persuade anyone else of the merits of this very sensible move.

Tyson said...

JC

I'm sure it was all in jest. Although it was hard to tell over the rumble of advancing tanks...