About Me

My photo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Tyson is a beer hound and cheese addict living in the beery metropolis paradise known as Manchester
If the people are buying tears, I'll be rich someday, Ma

Friday, 25 March 2011

Breakfast Beer Tasting: Teignworthy Amy's Ale

Teignworthy were established in 1994 and are based in Tuckers Maltings in Newton Abbot, South Devon.

The basics: This 500ml 4.8% bottle conditioned pale ale is named after the brewer’s first born. It poured light amber with reasonable carbonation and a thin off-white head. The aroma was subtle; a little fruit and biscuit malt.

Taste: Medium bodied, it was quite smooth and didn’t drink its strength. There was some orange, a little caramel and definite biscuit malt. I quite like biscuit malt, so I found it to be pleasantly easy drinking.

Finish: Biscuit malt with a surprisingly bitter edge.

Conclusion: After sampling the Spoons festival again yesterday, I was looking for something not too taxing. And I found it. It's a decent enough session beer with a dry, moreish, finish. But although 4.8% doesn’t register as particularly high on my radar, there are possibly weaker beers that will give you the same result. One for your sister.

No comments: