About Me

My photo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Tyson is a beer hound and cheese addict living in the beery metropolis paradise known as Manchester
If the people are buying tears, I'll be rich someday, Ma

Wednesday, 6 April 2011

Breakfast Beer Down Under

As something of a pioneer of, and currently No.1 in the breakfast beer rankings, I was taken aback by the headline ““Breakfast Beer” slammed by critics.” Was I to face the wrath of Alcohol Concern and the other government lackeys?
No. As it turns out, it was referencing a new beer to be launched in Auckland, New Zealand at 7am on Thursday. The cherry-flavoured wheat lager is being launched by Marlborough brewery Moa and is 5.5%.

It’s the description that is sending the self-righteous into apoplectic fits. It’s apparently “a beer the ladies can enjoy too ... if you're having a champagne breakfast but don't fancy champagne, have a beer instead.”

Sounds good to me.

No comments: