About Me

My photo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Tyson is a beer hound and cheese addict living in the beery metropolis paradise known as Manchester
If the people are buying tears, I'll be rich someday, Ma

Sunday, 17 April 2011

Breakfast Beer Tasting: Mallinsons Tandleman: I Can't Believe It's Not Lees

Well we said we would party like it’s 1999. And we did. And we saw in the dawn of a new day with nothing less than Tandleman’s own beer, due to the sheer number of requests for it. Plus it was the nearest case that was open.

But was that the right time to do it justice? It’s a well known fact that breakfast is the ideal time for an epicurean experience. So, on the morning of the day after the day before, I reached for this bottle once again.

On a technical note; people often think this was bottled solely for the Tandlemeister’s benefit. It was actually done for his better half, ‘er indoors, Mrs T, to give out to her colleagues and friends

The basics: It’s a bottle-conditioned 500ml, 4.6%, golden ale. It poured a pleasing pale gold with good carbonation and a tight, off-white head. There was a subtle aroma of soft fruit and citrus hops.
Taste: Light and refreshing. A smooth mouthfeel gives way to a medium bitterness and some dry, tart fruit hops. Lingers nicely on the palate.

Finish: A satisfying burst of bitterness and then finishing quite dry.
Conclusion: Maintains the proud record of Mallinsons brewing excellent session beers. Just like the great man himself, it should be a worldwide hit. One for the epicures.

5 comments:

Barry said...

I want a case!

Anonymous said...

Me too!

RedNev said...

I started a blog following Tandleman's example ~ now it looks as though I'll have to commission a RedNev beer too!

Tom said...

Mallinsons regularly produce excellent beers. I rate them right up in the first rank of British brewing.

Reanna said...

I thought you were joking when you tweeted that everyone was drinking this. Any chance you could send me some?