About Me

My photo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Tyson is a beer hound and cheese addict living in the beery metropolis paradise known as Manchester
If the people are buying tears, I'll be rich someday, Ma

Tuesday, 19 April 2011

Breakfast Beer Tasting: Quantock Stout

Quantock are based in Somerset and have been brewing since 2007. I haven’t tried their beers before, but have heard good things about them.

The basics: It’s 500ml and is a bottle-conditioned, 4.5%, “distinctive dry Stout.” It poured black with a tight beige head. The aroma was a heady mix of dark chocolate, caramel and hints of coffee and dark fruit.

Taste: Medium bodied with an initially smooth mouthfeel. There’s a lot going on here with plenty of chocolate, coffee and lingering notes of dark fruit. Behind it all is a dry bitterness that builds up as you go further down the glass.

Finish: Medium dry bitterness.
Conclusion: Excellent. Does what it says on the tin. A satisfying, complex and, importantly for me, dry Stout. One for your great-uncle.

1 comment:

arn said...

I have some waiting for me this weekend, the anticipation grows!!
I been reviewing their others beers over the last month, good solid range overall.