About Me

My photo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Tyson is a beer hound and cheese addict living in the beery metropolis paradise known as Manchester
If the people are buying tears, I'll be rich someday, Ma

Friday, 1 April 2011

Breakfast Beer Tasting: Teignworthy Maltster's Ale

This is a winter ale brewed in celebration of the malsters art.

The basics: It’s 5% and bottle conditioned and comes in a 500ml container. It poured copper coloured with medium carbonation and a thin off-white head. The aroma was sweet malt and some fruit.

Taste: Medium bodied with mainly caramel malt and sweet fruit. Surprisingly heavy on the palate with only a little hop bitterness to balance things out.

Finish: Like my granny. Short and sweet.

Conclusion: Inoffensive really. Tastes just like a strong Best Bitter. I’m going to have to mark it down, though, as it really can’t justify being 5%.

2 comments:

RedNev said...

"Tastes just like a strong Best Bitter." Hmmm ... what's wrong with that?

Tyson said...

Nothing. Except I expect a strong Best Bitter to be under 4.5%. For 5% I expect more bang for my buck.