About Me

My photo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Tyson is a beer hound and cheese addict living in the beery metropolis paradise known as Manchester
If the people are buying tears, I'll be rich someday, Ma

Wednesday, 14 March 2012

London in a lather

Back from my enforced absence from the home of the black pudding; I have washed the dust and grime of the London streets from my mind and body and await the launch of today’s Wetherspoons beer festival.

London did offer some interesting beers to try and it’s encouraging absolutely everywhere visited had a good selection. And they’re learning with cooling-someone actually commented favourably on the temperature of the Jaipur in Craft compared to a certain establishment in Manchester.

But...when, oh when, will they stop dragging their knuckles in the gutter and let the sparkler help them serve the perfect pint? Craft, for example, had six Thornbridge beers on, but let its book be blotted by being a sparkler free zone.

I didn’t try the Jaipur, but the passionfruit and gooseberry that should be at the forefront of Kipling were pushed too far back. And the lemon bite of Wild Swan was lost in the mix. But never fear, I shall continue to seek out the perfect pint in the land of plenty.

Why? Because I have a dream today. I have a dream that one day people of all creeds and colours will be able to sit together and enjoy a pint of perfect sparklered beer together in perfect harmony.

I have a dream today.

15 comments:

Ed said...

Sounds like a nightmare to me.

Tandleman said...

Quite right Tyson. Poor Ed. Never had a proper pint. So sad is that. Depressing.

Tandleman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tandleman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tandleman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tandleman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bailey said...

Heh. Not for the first time this week, Tandleman is echoing...

Sid Boggle said...

Blimey, does this mean Tandie is VERY depressed?

RedNev said...

Shades of Abba in this post, Tyson.

Penny said...

Surely more Martin Luther King than Abba?

Tandleman said...

Must be that damn phone. Was sent from the bus.

Tyson said...

I was emulating that great pro-sparkler orator MLK, but the ABBA connection fits as well. As for TM, he just likes to get his point across.

Real Ale Up North said...

Excellent post pal.With some interesting reaction.Bet your glad to be back up North!

Martyn Cornell said...

If I wanted cream on top of my pint I'd drink canned Boddingtons

Tyson said...

Martyn

If you can't tell the difference between canned Boddingtons and real ale, I fear for you.