About Me

My photo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Tyson is a beer hound and cheese addict living in the beery metropolis paradise known as Manchester
If the people are buying tears, I'll be rich someday, Ma

Wednesday, 16 January 2013

Breakfast Beer Tasting: Ramsbottom Craft Brewery Noelweizen

This morning we’re sticking with the German theme in the shape of a locally brewed Hefeweizen. Bottled Hefeweizens are top-fermented, unfiltered, and bottle-conditioned wheat beers. They have a noticeable yeast sediment and a cloudy appearance. This 6%, 500ml, offering says it’s a traditional Hefeweizen, so that’s what I’m expecting.

It was extremely lively and poured a very hazy amber with a monster beige head. The aroma was mellow fruit, banana and pear drops. This led on into the taste-which didn’t seem 6%-with bubblegum, a little vanilla, and banana the dominant flavours. The finish was sweet fruit and a trailing off bubblegum residue.

I’m not sure about this one: the banana flavour wasn’t as pronounced as I was expecting from the bottle label, but it did possess other characteristics of the style. I think I will have to try this again. It would be interesting to see it trialled as a seasonal cask ale. 

No comments: