About Me

My photo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Tyson is a beer hound and cheese addict living in the beery metropolis paradise known as Manchester
If the people are buying tears, I'll be rich someday, Ma

Tuesday, 12 March 2013

Breakfast Beer Tasting: Arbor NZ Pale Ale


After the success of the previous Arbor Ale beer, I was delighted that the beer generator threw up another for me to sample on this rather cold Tuesday morning. It tips the scales at 4% and is a bottle-conditioned 500ml sample. It poured a nice golden-orange with decent carbonation and a small, off-white head.

The aroma was a mix of the expected tropical fruit: passion fruit, mango and citrus notes of orange and some malt. Citrus develops over the other flavours in the taste and there’s more grapefruit than anything else, but there’s also lemon and marmalade in there. The malt backbone adds rather than subtracts from the beer and the finish is a moreish, mellow dry affair.

A light-medium bodied beer that packs a lot of flavour in at a very reasonable alcohol level. Another winner from Arbor.

Tyson says: Another? I don’t mind if I do. 

No comments: