About Me

My photo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Tyson is a beer hound and cheese addict living in the beery metropolis paradise known as Manchester
If the people are buying tears, I'll be rich someday, Ma

Saturday, 13 July 2013

Breakfast Beer Tasting: Ramsbottom Craft Mango Beach

Yes it’s Saturday. And we all know what that means, right? All together now...it’s a Ramsbottom Craft Brewery day. What do you mean you’ve heard that before? I’ve got a day’s arduous drinking in Huddersfield ahead of me; so I need something to wash away last night’s cold pizza and set me up for the day. This Ramsbottom brewed American IPA style beer promises to do that just that.

It’s 500ml and a bottle-conditioned 5.7%. It was very lively and poured hazy gold with a large white head. The aroma was good: clean grapefruit and tropical fruit notes. The taste was crisp, light on the tongue-no hint of being 5.7%-and full of grapefruit, lemon and papaya. And is that a hint of mango as well or is my imagination just running away with me? Either way, it’s very refreshing and leads to a citrus blended dry finish. I’d love to see this being pulled through a sparkler, hint, hint.

Tyson says: Excellent. May be RCB’s best to date. 

No comments: