About Me

My photo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Tyson is a beer hound and cheese addict living in the beery metropolis paradise known as Manchester
If the people are buying tears, I'll be rich someday, Ma

Friday, 16 September 2016

Breakfast Beer Tasting: Camba Bavaria Imperial Black IPA

I`ve developed a taste for the strong stuff. Well that`s what it seems like anyway.  After the dabble (more than a dabble, actually) with Sixpoint Resin the other day, I find myself once more in Imperial IPA territory. This time with Camba Bavaria Black IPA which, I believe, is brewed in Truchtlaching, Germany. Yes, a foreign beer. I know, I know. We`re now living in a post-Brexit world and we shouldn`t be having any traction with the likes of the Hun but, hey, I won`t tell anyone if you don`t.

It`s a 330ml bottle and comes in at 8.5% with a heavyweight IBU score of 120. It poured, as one would hope, a jet black with no light seepage and a large tan head that gradually settled to a finger`s worth. There was a strong aroma of dark chocolate, liquorice, roast malt and citrus as well. Mouthfeel was quite thick but surprisingly smooth. Dark stone fruits, chocolate, pine and a slight smokiness are all there in the initial taste. This is quickly followed by a heavy dose of all your favourite big C hops. The long finish is a slug of bitter-fruit hopiness that lingers on the palate.

Tyson says: As a friend of mine might say: complex. Full of flavour and full of all the goodness that any decent breakfast beer should have. 

No comments: